Car Shopping is a #!#!#

Saturday, June 27, 2009

As all of you know, my car went up in smoke, literraly. (ya I know its spelled wrong!!) And now trying to find a vehicle is just impossible!! I was off yesterday and today, and of course, hubby worked yesterday and now TODAY!!! And I go back to work tomarrow, and I can't seem to find a happy medium!

I knew I would be looking for another vehicle, I paid the old one off, I had, had it since 2003, and I did promise it to my son, I thought it would be a good vehicle for his 1st car, it would have been paid for, and all he would have to worry about was keeping insurance on it, and of course maintenance, and gas in it. He was excited, because he would be able to find a job, and not depend on my parents to get him to where he needed to go, I think my parents were excited, that way they wouldn't have to give up their vehicles!

So I broke down and told him the bad news, he was BUMMED!! But then the next day, him and my Dad went to Terre Haute, IN for something and stopped at a few car lots, and that was kind of exciting for him, he did say if he heard this one salesman, go on 1 more time about how a vehicle had "cool, cool air conditioning" he was going to scream!! I told him, that is just one of a saleman's pitch, in order to sell a car, he said it was annoying as heck!! But it was funny to hear him go on and on about vehicles he liked, kind of reminded me how I was, and my brother was and probably how my sister was!! Like he was the first 16 year old to ever go car shopping.

Needless to say, I still feel kind of guilty, but then again, I am a mom, and wanted to do something nice for him, he is such a GOOD kid! I still wish he lived here with us, maybe soon, maybe after he graduates, right now he has a girlfriend, and of course, "girls rule"?? Really!!! I never had that much em-empowerment over a boy, at least not while I was a freshman! His girlfriend is a freshman, thats why I said that!!

So I have been on-line since last night, looking up whatever info I could at local dealers, and wherever I could go to find a vehicle, I know what I want, I don't want a car, I have compresion fractures in my back, so if a car sit toooo low, then it hurts my back, and since I have had my jeep, I sit up a little higher, and my back don't hurt, and I am not as nervous, passing a semi in an suv than what I was in a car! I have always wanted the older style of a Dodge Durango, I love that style, and I always here, you don't want one of those, the transmissions are crap, get a new style, they are more improved?? What?? Really?? I hate the new style of Durango's, I don't like how they look from the front, but then again, they have a HEMI!!! I don't really think I need that much power, it just seem like another way for me to get in trouble!!

Well, I had to take a break from searching the internet for cars, and I think I may go do some laundry, after a while on this machine, I feel like I am slighly cross-eyed!! As soon as I find a vehicle, I am going to take pictures and show you all what I got!! If I ever find anything, and if I can get my hubby to take me somewhere to even look, I would like to test drive the new camaro for shits and giggles!!

SEE YA!

1 comments:

Linda June 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Keeping my Fingers crossed for you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP