My Electric Candle

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Here is just one of the many things I do, I like doing the Electric Candles, they are fun, and easy to make, the thing that takes time with these are waiting for the wax to completly harden, in order to remove it from the mold, which is usually andywhere from 3-5 hours, I usually wait until about the 5 hour mark, that me personally. The pip & berry garland, takes a little time also, but not near as long, I usally buy these, all on one long strand, and then I take about anywhere from 10-12 strands, and then start by twisting them all together, its a tad bit time consuming, but as far as spending money to buy the rings already made up, it is very cost effective. Then I use a 6 watt bulb, I had been buying the clip in light, that come with the cord, with the on/off switch, but here latley, I have been able to get the "country candle", it has its own base, and also comes with the on/off switch, and then I just change the bulb to the 6 watt bulb, and it is normally has the silicone on the bulb, but then there are days, I can't find those bulbs around here, and just put in a 5 watt bulb, that I can normally get at any craft store. By rule of thumb, you need to use anywhere from a 5-7 watt bulb, in order to get a whiff of the scent, you don't ever want to replace with a "nightlight" bulb, I had a friend that replaced with the nightlight bulb, instead of going to the local craft store to get the 5 watt bulb, well needless to say she was pissed off, because the heat from that nightlight bulb, completely melted a big whopper of a hole in her electric candle. I love mine, I keep in plugged in 24/7. My mother and grandmother complained they couldn't smell theirs, well, it's not going to smell if it's not turned on, having it plugged into the wall helps, but it helps a lot more when the thing is actually TURNED ON!!! HELLLOOOOOO.
Well, off to put some more of my creations on here. BE BACK SOON!!

2 comments:

Misty January 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Thanks!! Your one good Buddy!! Thanks for helping me with my computer illitercy!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP